Aims of the course:
- Familiarizing students with key terms and definitions in the area of international migration.
- Introducing migration as a complex and multidimensional research problem, which can be presented in its fullest only through the inter- and multidimensional scientific approaches.
- Presenting main migration trends in the contemporary world, their causes, ramifications and determinants.
- Making students aware of the main problems and challenges in the area of contemporary and future international migration movements.
- Detailed presentation of the subject matter, the aim, the assumptions, the mechanisms and the tools of EU migration and asylum policy.
- Developing students' skills of analyzing selected aspects of contemporary international migrations and of EU migration and asylum policy, including its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Increasing students' awareness of the fact that creating a well-defined and consistent policy in the area of migration and asylum within the context of EU membership is necessary to face the current and future migration challenges and their multidimensional consequences.
- Teaching students to become keen and independent observers and to recognize the importance of the issues connected with international migration, their multidimensional causes and consequences for modern states sending and receiving migrants.