Title of the research carried out under EUMIGRO is: “Contemporary immigration in the European Union and its member states – trends, patterns, consequences (impacts), responses and solutions”.
The research activities in the years 2016–2019 will cover among other things the following topics:
- contemporary (after the year 2000) migration trends and patterns in Europe/EU/EU member states,
- causes and determinants of migration movements to/in Europe/EU,
- consequences of migration movements for EU and its member states,
- response of the EU and its member states to migration challenges and problems,
- solutions to the migration challenges and problems at EU and member states’ levels,
- EU and national policies in the field of migration and asylum.